This was a fun one. I spun two sets, one at primetime and one to close out. Similar to the B-Side on cassette singles, the closing set was the winner. Some bullet points:
- Planet Asia and Copywrite were there. They were really happy when I played Just to Get a Rep. As they stood in front of the stage, I didn’t recognize them at first, so when they turned around to dap me up, I just thought “oh great, more dude props” and haphazardly gave them pounds and slaps.
- I opened up with Tyler, Creator’s Yonkers and it sounded reeeeeally good on a big sound system. I’m claiming first on playing OF at a gig in the southern hemisphere.
- Got one request the whole night. TLC’s Creep. I ain’t mad at that.
- Played Tom Scott’s TROY break for the first time at a gig. That whole song is so well known at this point, people eat it up.
- In the middle of the first set, my headphones decided for some reason not to play any bass or treble. Just straight mids. I do not suggest mixing in these conditions under any circumstances. Glad I made it through though. And annoyed that the headphones decided to work fine when I got home.